Monday, August 24, 2015

Bar Mitzvah party prep

This party is giving me a great excuse to try some crafts on my list, and some crafting fixes. Chalkboard paint was easy to use, and now I just have to be patient enough to see how it turns out. I have some fabric covered vases from my daughter's Bat Mitzvah reception four years ago. I removed the fabric and exposed the sticky adhesive residue. I really don't have the time to try to experiment with removing the adhesive, so I tried spray painting right over the adhesive with a hammered finish spray paint. Here's to progress!

Here are the paints I used:

I found glass milk jugs in the dollar aisle at Target:

I found 4x6 inch wooden picture frames in a dollar store. I used chalkboard paint on the glass, and purple paint on the frames:

Here is a before and after of the fabric covered vases that I painted:

*UPDATE*

Seat assignments: Bubble gum, aka paint ball ammo

clothespins were used to hold up sports ball labels for table labels




No comments:

Post a Comment